Strong Advocacy In Brain Injury Cases
As an experienced brain injury lawyer Miami FL trusts, our firm understands that traumatic injuries to the head and brain can be devastating for both the victim and the victim’s family. Life-altering injuries affecting the brain often require extensive treatment and care; which can be both costly and overwhelming for victims and their loved ones.
At the Law Offices of Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., we offer the legal counsel brain injury victims deserve. As a top brain injury lawyer Miami FL has to offer, our team is committed to helping injured individuals and families obtain the compensation they’re entitled to.
Brain Injuries: The Consequences
If you or a loved one has suffered a head injury in an accident or as a result of another’s negligence, a brain injury lawyer Miami FL relies on may be able to help. At our firm, we are dedicated to carefully investigating the circumstances surrounding a client’s brain injury to determine how this injury has affected not only the victim’s life, but the lives of their loved ones as well. When a severe brain injury occurs, a skilled brain injury lawyer in Miami FL knows that the damage can go far beyond a single victim.
While some brain injuries are caused by tumors and other diseases, a brain injury lawyer Miami FL offers sees many others that result from another person’s negligence. For example, if a drunk driver hits another vehicle and the person inside the vehicle suffers a brain injury from the accident, the driver is considered at fault and may be held liable for the damages. The injured victim has the right to hire a brain injury lawyer Miami FL trusts and file a claim against the driver.
While there are varying degrees of brain damage. People suffering from brain injuries may face challenges for the remainder of their lives. Accident victims suffering a traumatic brain injury (TBI) may appear the same to friends and family, but the effects of the brain injury can severely impact mood, personality, communication skills and much more.
We are committed to understanding your situation fully in order to pursue an outcome that will serve your best interests, both personally and financially. Our Florida lawyers want to help our clients rebuild their lives, so they can live as comfortably and normally as possible after a devastating accident.
Types of Brain Injuries
There is not just one type of brain injury. The brain can actually suffer several types of injuries when a force impacts the head. Here are the types of brain injuries a brain injury lawyer in Miami FL sees:
- Concussion: A concussion is one of the most common types of brain injuries a brain injury lawyer Miami FL depends on sees. It most often results from a blow to the head or a violent shaking of the head. Symptoms of a concussion include lack of coordination, headaches, dizziness, and vomiting. There are no specific treatments for concussions, but patients are advised to get plenty of rest and restrict activities until the brain has healed.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: Caused by violent shaking or a strong rotation of the head, a diffuse axonal injury forces the brain structures to tear and may impact the brain’s chemical and communication processes. In severe cases, this injury may lead to permanent brain damage, coma or death.
- Contusion: A brain injury lawyer Miami FL respects may have represented individuals who have suffered contusions, which is bleeding on the brain. This can injury can occur when there is a direct impact to the head. A contusion can lead to difficulty speeding, memory problems, attention problems, and localized numbing or tingling.
- Anoxia: Anoxia results when the brain does not receive any oxygen. When there is no oxygen, brain cells can begin to die in just a few minutes, resulting in permanent damage. Many anoxia cases result from incorrect anesthesia administration. If you’ve suffered from anoxia, you may want to contact a brain injury lawyer Miami FL relies on as quickly as possible.
- Hypoxia: Hypoxia is a less severe form of anoxia — but it can still be dangerous. Individuals who suffer this injury receive a little oxygen to the brain, causing cells to die at a slower rate. However, this injury can still be life-threatening if it is not treated immediately.
- Penetrating injury: When an object penetrates the skull and enters the brain, a penetrating brain injury can occur. A Miami brain injury lawyer may have represented individuals who have suffered penetrating injuries from car accidents, falls and even gunshots. This injury is considered life-threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, bleeding from the head, loss of consciousness and seizures. Surgery may be needed to remove skull fragments, bullets and other objects in the brain. A doctor may also create a rehabilitation program for a patient so that he or she can regain functioning.
A Brain Injury Lawyer Miami FL Residents Trust
At the Law Offices of Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., we are committed to improving our clients’ quality of life. We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of those injured by the negligence of others. We want to help you too. When it is your family on the line, trust a top Miami brain injury lawyer to seek the compensation you and your loved ones deserve.
Give us a call today to discuss your situation in a no-cost consultation. We serve clients in the Miami area, Fort Lauderdale and in communities throughout South Florida. To discuss your legal issue with a trusted brain injury lawyer Miami FL can provide, email us or contact our firm by phone at 305-290-4853 or 800-239-6682.