Boating Injuries Lawyer Miami FL
Whether you were injured on a pleasure boat, cruise ship, or at work on a boat, we can help. At the law firm of Needle & Ellenberg, we have devoted our careers to protecting the rights of injured people. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Call (305) 530-0000 or 877-810-2864 for a free case evaluation by one of our experienced boating accident attorneys.
At Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., we have more than 30 years of experience handling personal injury and wrongful death matters. We are available to assist clients in Miami and throughout Florida, including Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Tampa. We can help with any boating accident case.
How Were You Injured?
Our attorneys handle a full range of boating accidents. This includes:
- Recreational boating accidents — Residents and visitors to Florida flock to the water for a wide range of recreational activities. To ensure safety, everybody must be respectful of others on the water. When someone is negligent, it can lead to serious injuries, including spinal injuries or closed head injuries. Whether you have been hurt in a Jet Ski or other personal watercraft collision, or you were hit by a speeding motorboat while sailing on your yacht, we can help.
- Cruise ship accidents — Accidents on cruise ships can be serious. From injuries incurred on snorkeling expeditions to slip and falls on deck, we can help. We will find the person responsible for your accident and seek to hold him or her accountable for his or her actions.
- Accidents at work on the water — Our lawyers have experience representing clients in claims brought under the Death on the High Seas Act, General Maritime Law, the Jones Act, and the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. If you have been injured while at work on navigable waters, we can help.
FAQ for Boating Injuries Lawyer in Miami, FL
When you have been in a boating accident, and suffered injuries, you may be able to seek monetary compensation. Every accident will have its own circumstances in addition to various statues that you must adhere to. For this reason you should seek advice from a boating injuries lawyer in Miami, Florida at Needle & Ellenberg, P.A.
I have been in a boat accident, how can I receive monetary compensation for my injuries?
In general a boat accident will fall into personal injury law which means you will want to work with a personal injury lawyer who is familiar with boating accidents. The reason being is that these types of accidents may involve local, state, federal, international, or maritime rules and legislation. It is prudent that your Miami, FL boating injuries lawyer understands these specific laws in order to build a strong defense on your behalf.
With these cases there may be a broad number of ways to pursue recovery. The two most common attempts to recover compensation include:
If, for example, an owner or driver of a boat, collided into you, it might be possible to claim negligence in a case. This means that they failed to take proper care in performing a certain action or duty. Using the same example, the negligence might have been caused by failing to keep a lookout, sailing/driving too fast, or failing to have the right equipment. To demonstrate negligence to a court, a boating injuries lawyer in Miami, Florida will need show that:
- The defendant owed you a duty.
- The defendant breached the duty.
- This breach resulted in injuries.
- Your injuries resulted in loss.
Proving all of the above might not always be straightforward. For instance it is possible for a defendant to retort in saying the accident was unavoidable because of water, wind, or other forces of nature. Furthermore the defendant could claim that you, the plaintiff, was at play and not paying attention; thus, are partially responsible. If this holds true you might still recover a portion of damages. The boating injuries lawyer Miami, Florida relies on from Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. know the complexities of these types of claims. We also know what the defending lawyers might use against your case. Rest assured we will do whatever is legally possible to find a strong defense and build a solid case that gets favorable results. Regardless of what happened or what you might have been told, you should call our firm as soon as possible.
Another way to seek compensation is to claim a product liability against the manufacturer, distributor, seller, or other party that sold you the boat or part. In this situation a Miami, FL boating injuries lawyer would need to show that:
- The seller, or another party, sold you the item
- The item was defective when sold and made it unreasonably unsafe
- The item was used correctly by the buyer
- The buyer was injured after using the item
- The injury was a result of the defect product
Examples of defective boating products could include:
- A boat with a crack or hole in it that led to water coming in
- A propeller that was unable to power the vessel
- A lack of instruction or warning on a product
- A defect in the exhaust system resulting in a failure to shut down
- An electrical failure that resulted in a fire
Product defect claims can be equally complex to negligence claims which is why you may want to seek a complimentary case review from Miami, Florida’s leading boating injuries lawyer. If you are ready to speak with Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. about your boat accident, please call as soon as possible.
For a free evaluation, contact our boating accident attorneys. Give us a call or complete our online form.