Stroke Misdiagnosis Lawyer Miami FL
A stroke is caused when a rupture or an artery or a blockage in the blood stream cuts off the flow of oxygen to the brain. As a stroke misdiagnosis lawyer in Miami, Florida can attest, any amount of time where the brain is starved of oxygen can cause damage to or even death of the brain tissue. In these situations, it is imperative that the blood flow and simultaneous oxygen flow be restored as soon as possible, or else the victim may face severe injury to the brain resulting in life-altering or sometimes fatal consequences. Time is of the essence, and a misdiagnosis of stroke symptoms or a wrong diagnosis post-stroke can exacerbate the resulting side effects of a stroke.
At Needle and Ellenberg, P.A., our attorneys are committed to providing compassionate and caring representation for stroke victims and their families. Our experience in medical malpractice cases gives you an advantage in recovering compensation for your injuries and losses, and we’re ready to help you today.
STROKE DIAGNOSIS MISTAKES
Common stroke diagnosis and treatment errors that can rise to the level of medical malpractice include:
- Incomplete medical examination
- Delayed or mistaken diagnostic testing
- Inadequate treatment administration
- Disregard of classic stroke signs in otherwise healthy and young individuals
These mistakes, as well as a slew of many others that fall under the heading of treatment that does not meet the standard level of care, can cause stroke damage to become more severe with each passing minute, as a Miami, FL stroke misdiagnosis lawyer can explain.
COMMON INJURIES AFTER STROKE
- Weakness, paralysis, and problems with balance or coordination.
- Pain, numbness, or burning and tingling sensations.
- Fatigue, which may continue after you return home.
- Inattention to one side of the body, also known as neglect; in extreme cases, you may not be aware of your arm or leg.
- Urinary or bowel incontinence.
- Speech problems or difficulty understanding speech, reading, or writing.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Memory problems, poor attention span, or difficulty solving problems.
- Visual problems.
- Depression, anxiety, or mood swings with emotional outbursts.
- Difficulty recognizing limitations caused by the stroke.
Any delay in timely treatment can increase the severity of injury or could even be a cause of death. With improvements in medical science and technology provide stroke victims with greater opportunities for a full life or even a full recovery, this sad truth is made even more tragic — so if you or your loved one has been affected by medical malpractice leading up to or following a stroke, it may be in your best interest to contact a stroke misdiagnosis lawyer in Miami, FL today.
CONTACT A MIAMI, FL STROKE MISDIAGNOSIS LAWYER TODAY
At Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., we’ve dedicated our lives to helping victims of medical malpractice, including stroke misdiagnosis, to seek the compensation they deserve. Whether the negligent party is a hospital, doctor, other practitioner, or some combination of medical care providers, we have the experience and know-how to help you fight for your rights.
Let us advocate on your behalf, call a stroke misdiagnosis lawyer in Miami, FL from our team to schedule a consultation, now.