Medical Malpractice Lawyer Miami, FL
5 Common Examples of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
A medical malpractice lawyer Miami FL offers from the law firm of Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. may be able to help you get justice after sustaining a serious injury. If a settlement is not possible, one of our attorneys can represent you in a lawsuit against the guilty party. Call us today at (305) 290-4853 to discuss your case with one of our knowledgeable lawyers.
Medical malpractice lawsuits are lawsuits based on acts of negligence within the medical field. A patient who has suffered damages from a breach of duty by a physician or other medical professional might consider consulting a personal injury lawyer about pursuing compensation. A Miami medical malpractice lawyer from our firm can review your case and offer guidance for moving forward. Here are five common examples of medical malpractice lawsuits:
1. Failure to Diagnose
If a physician fails to report information that would be medically beneficial to a patient, and this withholding of information caused the patient significant damages, a medical malpractice lawyer Miami FL victims turn to can take this to court.
- The victim can pursue compensation from the physician who failed to report critical information due to clinical oversight or their lack of skill.
- Negligence can be determined not only when a doctor’s actions are unreasonable or unethical, but also when a doctor’s skill level is below that of what is expected of a reasonably qualified physician.
2. Prescription/Medication Errors
This kind of medical malpractice lawsuit can occur when a physician prescribes the wrong medication or the wrong dosage.
- Prescribing the wrong dosage is the more common issue, but serious problems also arise if a doctor prescribes a medication to which the patient has a known allergy.
- Further, prescribing the wrong medication can seriously set back recovery time.
When dosage is the problem, a doctor may have written incorrect instructions which can cause the patient serious damages.
- The medication could have been properly prescribed but been administered in the incorrect dosage by nurses and staff. In this scenario, the supporting staff member might be held accountable. A medical malpractice lawyer Miami FL patients rely on can review your case and make that determination.
3. Obstetrician/Gynecologist Errors
Medical malpractice claims can also arise from errors/negligence committed by a physician who harms a mother and/or the child during pregnancy or childbirth. Negligence can occur by the physician in any number of ways, including:
- During a c-section procedure.
- Injury to the infant during labor.
4. Errors by an Anesthesiologist
The medical field known as anesthesiology is particularly susceptible to malpractice claims. This is because an anesthesiologist must be very precise in their administering of anesthesia.
- If the anesthesiologist commits any error, it could lead to brain damage or death.
- The anesthesiologist may be negligent by failing to inform the patient of critical information (for example, failing to tell them not to eat before surgery).
- Failure to understand or investigate complications that arise during the surgery.
- Failure to monitor the patient’s vital signs during the surgery and take appropriate actions.
5. Errors during Surgery
The potential errors on the part of the surgeon during surgery are numerous. A medical malpractice lawyer in Miami FL from our firm is familiar with these common surgical mistakes:
- Puncture of an internal organ.
- Forgotten surgical instrument in the patient’s body.
- Operation on the wrong body part.
- Sub-standard post-operative care.
- Unsanitary conditions leading to surgical site infection. Not all surgical site infections arise due to negligence and a medical malpractice lawyer Miami FL families recommend can help determine how it occurred.
If you or a loved one was injured due to medical negligence or carelessness, contact a medical malpractice lawyer Miami FL community members turn to from Needle & Ellenberg for help.